top of page

ABOUT US

We are a parish of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada, founded by spiritual descendants of the ancient see of Kyiv (Kiev), under the omophorion of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople (within whose territory ALL SEVEN  of the Ecumenical Councils of the ancient Church were held). 

frbill.png

 

The Rt. Rev. Protopresbyter Bill Wasyliw

 

Spouse: Dobrodiyka Marusia

Names of Children:

  • Taras

  • Marko

 

​Education:

  • Licentiate in Theology - St. Andrew's College, Winnipeg, Mb. - 1959-63

  • Bachelor of Arts- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Mb - 1971

  • Bachelor of Divinity – St. Andrew's College - 1971

  • Certificate in Education- University of Manitoba -1972

  • Bachelor of Education- University of Manitoba -1980

Ordination:

  • Ordained to the Diaconate on January 16th, 1966, by Metropolitan llarion 

      St. Mary the Protectress Cathedral (Winnipeg)

Deacon Tom.jpg


Rev. Fr. Deacon Thomas Chaput 
 

Spouse: Dobrodiyka Nadia Krawchenko - Chaput

Names of Children:

  • Oksana

  • Tamera

Education:

  • Degrees in Fines Arts Studio and Fine Arts Art History, a Bachelor of Education in Senior Years Education, and two Masters Degrees in Education, one in Educational Administration and Governance and the other Sociology of Education. He is currently completing his Master of Education in Curriculum in Arts Education (University of Manitoba), and his Master of Divinity at the University of Toronto. 

Ordination:

  • Ordained to the Diaconate in 2008 by then +Metropolitan John

OUR 2023/2024 PARISH COUNCIL

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

Len Matiowsky

Parish President

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

Wayne Biegun

Facility Maintenance

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

Emil Kowal

Past President / Vice President

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

Bob Talbot

Hall Administrator

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

William Rodrigues

Secretary

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

Jan Michalyshyn

Choir Director

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

Bob Michalyshyn

Treasurer/Site Administrator

facebook_1664248229143_6980363004489426872 (002).jpg

Khrystyna Tsoma

Sunday School Director

OUR MEMBERS AT LARGE

Members at large.jpg

Lawrence Chubey, Olga Barth, Ted Kowal, Werner & Olga Saxler, Gary & Bonnie Persowich, Wayne Biegun, Dimitriana Kuzyk-Bernier, Pat Valen, Jennifer Osachuk, Oleg Kan

B

OUR CHURCH CHOIR

b

CHURCH BULLETINS

July 14

In order to view this bulletin click on the arrow below.

July 7

In order to view this bulletin click on the arrow below.

June 30

In order to view this bulletin click on the arrow below.

All Bulletins

In order to view all the bulletins click on the arrow below.

Our History

OUR HISTORY

October 1, 2000:

Consecration of the domes.

A Church Domes Committee was established and co-chaired by Ben Shuvera and Lawrence Chubey. Plans were drawn, and an appeal for donations was undertaken. The Millennium Domes were constructed and installed in time to be blessed on October 1, 2000. Two hundred parishioners and guests gathered for a Canonical visitation and Divine Liturgy. The morning ended with Metropolitan Wasyly blessing the three domes assisted by attending Clergy. A short program followed the celebratory dinner enjoyed in the auditorium. 

October 5, 1964:

Completion of the construction of the Church

In 1963, under the chairmanship of Mr. William Perrick, the parish purchased property for the site of a new church which is now 1500 Day Street.

In the afternoon of April 5, 1964 the Late Metropolitan Ilarion, assisted by Right Rev. Bishop Boris and local clergy consecrated the land on which the new church was to be built. The same month construction of the new church had begun. On October 5 of the same year, construction was completed.

November 7, 1954:

The First Divine Liturgy

The Ukrainian Orthodox people of Transcona, Manitoba began organizing a parish in 1954. The first Divine Liturgy was celebrated by the Very Rev. Fr. H. D. Hryeyna on November 7, 1954 at the Taras Shevchenko Ukrainian National Home on Regent Avenue. Immediately following the Divine Liturgy, a meeting was called to elect a temporary parish executive. It was as follows: President: Mykola Stefaniuk, Secretary: Harry Maslanko, Treasurer: Michael Haletsky, Church Elder: Adam Kasianchuk, Church Sisters : A. Kralka & A. Uhryniuk.

bottom of page